Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
They say if you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything. But staying healthy isn't always cheap. You shouldn't have to choose between having money or your health. Start saving now for future medical expenses so you can have more of both in the future.
This free specialized savings account was designed to supplement your high deductible health plan — so you can afford medical bills, prescription medication, and anything else you might need. Make sure you're protected against illness and unexpected health bills. Start saving today.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- $50 minimum deposit to open
For more information about HSAs, please review our HSA FAQ. If you have any additional questions, please contact your tax advisor.
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.